Monday, March 13, 2017

Makinwa blames Gateway stadium bumpy pitch for ABS loss

 

By Rasaq Oboirien
COACH Henry Makinwa has blamed his team's poor display against Remo Stars on the bumpy pitch of the Gateway International Stadium, Sagamu, reports NaijaSportsXtra"blogspot.com.
The NPFL 'giant-killers' suffered what could be their biggest defeat of the season after the trio of Awazie Ekene, Oche Salefu and Felix Benjamin put three goals past goalkeeper, Boje Abdullahi on Matchday 13 of the Nigeria Professional Football League.
The former Tianjin TEDA player in his post match chat said: "You want to know why ABS lost, the pitch. In 21st century and we still have this kind of playing turf, it's bad.
"Our passing game didn't work, as my players couldn't express themselves well, they were handicapped as the pitch was bumpy.
"But I want to congratulate Remo Stars, they have won, they made good use of the pitch to their advantage."
Speaking further, "None of my players were to blame for the three goals we shipped in today. I mean, how do you explain it, one of my striker was goal bound, he shoots but it went the other way.
"You say it's our biggest defeat so far this season, I know, but what can I say, we lost."
Abubakar Bukola Saraki (ABS) FC will this weekend host seven times NPFL champions, Enyimba to the Ilorin Township Stadium on Matchday 14.