Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Inter, Torino game not about revenge-Obi


By Rasaq Oboirien
EX-Super Eagles midfielder, Joel Obi insists that Wednesday night's Serie A game between Inter Milan and Torino is not about revenge, reports NaijaSportsXtra.blogspot.com.
The Nigerian a youth product of the  Nerazzurri said in a pre-match chat: "I have no feeling of revenge against Inter, absolutely not. I can only thank the club, because  they raised me and made me get to where I am.
"When you're a kid, you have a passion, or a team which you support.  I have always supported Inter, but I will try to keep my emotions to myself, as the game is important for me and for the team, because its one we want to win."
On his form this season as against last, "I feel very good this year, I've had a good preparation. I try to do my best, always. Last year I had injury problems which saw me play less games. But since this season kicked-off I have not suffered any injury that could have kept me out of games. That I think is the difference between last and this season.
"I hope to get more games this season, as my best will come once I get more playing time."
Obi, 25 years started his career with Inter's youth team in 2005, his exploit saw him join the senior team in 2010.
He played 50 matches scoring a goal before joining Parma on loan in 2013-14 season.
He was sold to Torino in 2015 for an undisclosed fee. It's on record that Obi his the highest paid Nigerian in the Italian Serie A, quoting Italy’s authoritative sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport, as he takes home €500, 000 (about N171million) every year.