Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Gata gets surprise birthday bash from fan

 

A fan of Abubakar Bukola Saraki (ABS) Ilorin FC attacking player, Adeshina Gata, Alhaji Abdullateef Adedeji Adebowale, has surprised the youngster with a get-together for his birthday.
Adebowale who described Gata as a delight to watch said at the get-together that a player such as the former Kwara United player needs to be celebrated.
Adebowale is the General Manager of Kwara State Broadcasting Corporations (Radio Kwara).
"We have to celebrate our own, these are young lads who need encouragement.
"We should have done this since but this is coming today because of the team's tight schedules.
"Incidentally, I scored the only goal that gave us the three points on Sunday against Katsina United.
"I will continue to identify with hard working player like Gata, I thank you for accepting my pledge to host this man," Adebowale said.
Responding, the celebrant, Gata, thanked the sponsor of his birthday's get-together.
He said such gesture will spur him to do more for the Saraki Boys.
Gata added that the best is yet to come from him and urged the fans of the team to continue their brilliant support to him and his teammates.
"I want to thank Alhaji Adebowale for this gesture, I am happy he appreciates what I am doing.
"I never knew I can cut the attention of a man as Adebowale.
"I want to thank you very much sir for this honour, it is one I can never forget sir" Gata said.
The ABS FC Director of Football, Alloy Chukwuemeka, also thanked the Radio Kwara General Manager for identifying with the team.
He urged other well to do Nigerians especially in Kwara to emulate Alhaji Adebowale.
He pledged that ABS FC will continue to operate in line with international best practices and will keep to its policy of developing the youth through football.
"We will continue to maintain our position as one of the most professionally run clubs in Nigeria.
"Our target or better say policy is to develop players from the grassroots and nurture them to stardom.
"More than half of the clubs in the NPFL today have one or two players of ABS Ilorin FC" Chukwuemeka said.