Friday, July 3, 2015

Stoke trust my ability-Osaze
 

PETER ODEMWINGIE admits he will be looking to repay Stoke City in the forthcoming Barclays Premier League season after he pledged his future to the Club by signing a new contract extension.
The City forward will remain in the Potteries until at least the summer of 2016, although his stay in the Potteries could be prolonged with the potential of a further 12 months.
Odemwingie missed the majority of the 2014/15 campaign with a serious knee injury but returned to first team action against Sunderland in April after eight months on the sidelines.
"I'm very happy that the Club have shown me tremendous support after some very tough times," he said exclusively to stokecityfc.com.
"I'm happy that Stoke trust my ability in helping to improve and push the team on to greater things, so I'm delighted to still be a part of that.
"I have had to really push myself hard, so this new contract extension is a reward for all the effort I have put in but also for the medical staff that did a great job supporting me along the way.
"I really want to repay the Club for having faith in me and I'm thankful for the support that everybody connected with the Club has given me."
The former West Brom and Cardiff striker was restricted to just eight first team appearances last season and is eagerly looking forward to the start of the 2015/16 Barclays Premier League campaign.
"My priority has always been Stoke City and the biggest thing for me is to give something back to the Club and the supporters," he added.
"I really want to repay the fans here because they really got behind me and that is something I will never forget.
"I didn't want to leave on a note like this, I started very well here and I want to have a good season this year, which I have every faith in doing.
"The motivation for me is to help this Club improve and make the fans happy, Mark Hughes has big ambitions and hopefully we can do better in one of the cup competitions whilst maintaining a top half finish.
"I'm really glad to have been a part of this Club over the last two years and now I am really happy that I can play a bigger part in helping Stoke improve even more."
Culled from www.stokecityfc.com