Wednesday, January 20, 2016

AFTERMATH OF ROBBERY: 'I thought I was going to die'


ENYIMBA FC of Aba centre-back, Ifeanyi Anaemena says he thought he and his teammates were going to die during Monday's robbery attack.
"We were attacked by armed men. They were shooting drastically and commanded us to lie down. They collected our valuables, our phones, money and passport," Anaemena told BBC's Sport.
He revealed that he was struck on the head with a gun by one of the armed men.

"I was hit with a gun on my head," he said.
"They were shooting in the air and nobody was shot. After they had left, the police came."
Asked if he was in fear for his life, Anaemena said he thought he was going to die, saying it was a very traumatic experience.
"I thought I was going to die, I almost gave up. The whole team was afraid. The trauma was too much. But I thank God nobody was harmed."
Anaemena made it clear the robbery attack was swift when asked how long it lasted.
"It was a fast robbery. It took around four to five minutes. They just robbed us and ran into the bush, then the police came. We didn't put up a fight because they were armed. We just surrendered and they robbed us, shooting in the air all the time."
After the incident, everywhere was disorganized he said, but they remain focused on the tournament they would be starting in a few days.