Monday, February 22, 2016

Eduwo target Yekini's award

By Rasaq Oboirien
LOBI Stars of Makurdi striker, Kingsley Eduwo says his target at the end of the season is to win the late Rashidi Yekini award.
The award is given to the top scorer in the domestic league by the Rashidi Yekini Foundation . Gbolanhan Salami won the maiden edition after scoring 17 goals for Warri Wolves last

season.
"Am delighted to have opened my Lobi goal account against my former club, 3SC.
"It wasn't really easy, as I have been away for more than a month, underwent trials with a Norwegian side and coming back home to score a goal.
"I want to give glory to God, as I had the feeling that I would score and when the chance came I took it.
"I want to assure Makurdi fans that they are yet to see the best of me as the will see more goals from.
"The victory away won't be our last, as we'll pick more points on the road. I have also vowed to win the top scorers award at the end of the campaign too."
Eduwo's sublime side volley beat two defenders, despite losing his balance dribbling pass onrushing goalkeeper Fabiyi.