Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Ogunbote: Ifeanyi Ubah don't scare Giwa FC

By Rasaq Oboirien
COACH Gbenga Ogunbote has down played claims by critics that his team may not be able to match big spending Ifeanyi Ubah during their first game of the new season. 
The 'Anointed One' whose side has been lambasted for failing to go beyound the group stage of the Gold Cup pre-season tourney in Ijebu-Ode laughed off the claims in a tete-a-tete with NaijaSportsXtra.
"Am less concerned with what critics are saying about Giwa FC, as once I choose to listen or read negative reports regarding my team's outing in the just concluded Gold Cup tourney, then I have distablised my team.
"Despite losing some players to other clubs, we are on set for the new season, as quite a number of players came for trials with us.
"My assistants and I have identify with the few that fit into our football philosophy. I would not say I have a team that's hundred percent but a team that can get result at home or on the road."
Asked if he felt disturbed with the news that Ifeanyi Ubah's coach, Mitko Dobrev spied on his team in one for the Gold Cup games.
The ex-Shooting Stars of Ibadan coach said: "That won't scare my team from getting the 3points from them, as its going to be a different ball game when we meet in Jos."
Recall the Chris Giwa sponsored team missed out on a CAF Confederations Cup slot to Nasarawa United after finishing 5th on the log.