Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WEST BROM MOVE:I took Osaze's advice-Anichebe



Super Eagles duo of Victor Anichebe and Osaze Odemwingie 
SUPER Eagles West Albion new-boy Victor Anichebe today revealed how Hawthorns outcast Peter Odemwingie convinced him to make his big-money deadline-day switch from Everton.
Anichebe said past discussions with his fellow Nigeria international persuaded him to
make the move after 15 years at Goodison Park.
Odemwingie finally ended his Hawthorns nightmare on Monday with a £2.5m transfer to
Cardiff after a major bust-up with Baggies officials, just as Anichebe completed a move
that could cost £6m.
The 25-year-old said: “I’ve spoken to Peter in the past and, no matter what people say
about him, he has always had good words to say about the club
“He has always said what a good club it is – a family club. Hopefully I can help the
club by playing well for them and I’m happy to be here.”
And Anichebe believes Albion could see the best years of his career after he enjoyed his
finest spell at Everton at the end of last season.
He netted eight times for the Toffees last term – his top return in the first team.
And he said: “Hopefully West Brom is where everyone will see the best of me.
“I think people started to see what I can do last season, when I chipped in with some
goals and had some consistent performances.
“I was a consistent performer and played most of the goals so hopefully I can carry that
on into this season and do well for West Brom.”
Anichebe made his move to Albion as former Baggies loanee Romelu Lukaku signed for
Everton to replace him. Lukaku chose a season-long switch to Merseyside despite strong
interest from Albion in re-signing him after his 17 goals for them.