Friday, February 26, 2016

OLISEH'S RESIGNATION: I thought it was a joke-Lawal

By Our Reporter
NIGERIA Football Federation (NFF) Technical Committee Member, Garba Lawal has informed that he thought Sunday Oliseh's resignation as Super Eagles coach was a joke, NaijaSportsXtra can report.
The ex-Juventus of Italy star tendered his resignation letter on Thursday citing so many reasons.
Speaking on Friday in a Brila FM radio programme, Centre Circle, the ex-Eagles attacking midfielder said: "I thought it was a joke when I heard of the news, but it became real to me after I saw the story on the internet this (Friday) morning.
"I don't know why he resigned, as I never thought it would come at this time.
"Oliseh's decision to quit his role as the Eagles coach has put us in a tight corner, who is going to take charge of the team now that the AFCON 2017 double header against Egypt is just four weeks away.
"I doubt if his local assistant of Salisu Yussuf will be asked to step into his shoes, as we members of the Technical Committee of the NFF can make any decision on this matter, sadly we'll have to wait for the NFF whose key members are attending the FIFA Presidential congress."
Oliseh who was named as the Eagles coach less than nine months ago following the sacking of Stephen Keshi has been at logger heads with the NFF on the issue of his salaries and that of his assistants, players welfare and the Glass House failure to honour part of their contract agreements.