Monday, February 29, 2016

SIGN-ON FEE: Ex-Dolphins player to drag club to LMC

By Rasaq Oboirien
EX-DOLPHINS of Port-Harcourt ace is set to drag his former employers to the League Management Company (LMC).
NaijaSportsXtra can report that the player who doesn't want his name published revealed that he has been owed two seasons sign-on fees of 2013/2014 and 2014/2015.
"Its humane of my former employers to turn deaf ears into my case and that of some others players in Dolphins and Sharks.
"I mean we gave our best while wearing the colours of these two clubs.
"Recalled, the Rivers State Commissioner for Sports, Boma Iyaye had promised that he would pay players of Dolphins, Sharks and Rivers Angels 100% sign-on fee before February 28, we are March and nothing of such has happened as am yet to get a verification from my bank. "
"I consider myself lucky that I have signed for another club, as some who were bread winners for their families are now jobless owing to the merger of both clubs to make what is now known as Rivers United.
"Am appealing to the Commissioner to have a rethink by fulfilling his promise to us, or we could go to the LMC to seek redress," he stressed.