Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Omo Johnson: Port-Harcourt fans reception emotional

By Rasaq Oboirien
KANO Pillars ace, Omo Johnson has applauded Port-Harcourt fans on the reception accorded him as he made his return in the lone goal defeat to Rivers United on matchday 12, reports NaijaSportsXtra.
The ex-Dolphins ace in a chat stated that: "Not a bad game, as it was good feeling for me playing against my former team, more so returning to action since February when I suffered the injury made it so emotional for me.
"The reception too was overwhelming, as the fans welcomed me like a king.
"To be honest I was expecting that kind of a reception, however I really appreciate them all."Johnson who was top scorer at the pre-season Gold Cup that was held in Ijebu-Ode in January, has said he couldn't wait to start scoring goals for the Maisu Gida side.
"I don't just hope to start in our next game against Shooting Stars of Ibadan but to score my first goal of the season," he said.
An Ovoke strike handed the Baba Ganaru side their third defeat of the season as the former Nigeria Premier League (NPL) seat 8th on the log with 18points.