Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Spurs, Chelsea chased Moses as a teen -Loizi


SUPER Eagles ace, Victor Moses was a subject of a transfer tussle between London clubs, Chelsea and Tottenham  he was with Crystal Palace.
Moses was born in Nigeria but moved to England as a youngster and soon found regular game time with amateur club Cosmos 90 FC - a far cry from his current surroundings at Chelsea.
"Tottenham in particular were looking at him for a long time, but I'm glad that he chose Palace," his former coach Tony Loizi told Goal.
"If he went to Chelsea or Tottenham, he might not have made it.
"I said to him: 'look, Victor, there's no way I would hold you back' and I asked him to come to Crystal Palace with me.
"Chelsea were also in for him and I said: 'if you sign for Palace you will get to the first team quicker than at any of the other clubs', and in the end he chose to stay with them after his trial."
Recall Moses bagged a brace in Nigeria's Russia 2018 World Cup qualifiers win against Algeria in Uyo last weekend.