Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Obi: Parma always remained in my heart

“A player that we were following for a while” said general manager Pietro Leonardi. Super Eagles ace, Joel Obi feels at home at Parma and it isn’t only a set phrase. Raised in Basilicagioiano, he played for Castello for two years and another two for Parma before going to Inter. “That it why I wanted this destination. And the club wanted the same”. A transfer that satisfies everyone.
Especially the player, who is determined to play a great season for the Crociati: “The team is well equipped, I saw the first matches and believe that there was a bit of bad luck. I meet Walter Gargano and Antonio Cassano again, I talked to him in the days of the transfer and he told me how well he is feeling at Parma. I amhere to pay back the trust of Parma, there is a lot of competition in the midfield but I am available for the coach”.
“Parma has always remained in my heart. I will live in my village again, will meet again many friends that I have been seeing for all these years. My condition? I made the pre season with Inter, I am ready to be part of the squad for the next match. I had some physical problems in the past, I got over it. I will try to give everything that I have, using my flexibility to prove myself helpful. No I can’t wait to begin”. Obi started his first training with the team at 3.30pm. His second experience with Parma has begun. Good luck.