Thursday, January 19, 2017

My Old Trafford goal hard to describe-Iheanacho

 

SUPER Eagles ace, Kelechi Iheanacho says it is hard to describe the feelings he had after scoring for Manchester City against Manchester United.
The 20-year-old striker provided an assist for Kevin De Bruyne before scoring his side's second goal as City defeated their crosstown rivals 2-1 at Old Trafford earlier this season.
Kelechi recalled the moment for The Players' Tribune: “In September, I achieved something that every boy dreams about.
“I walked out onto the pitch at Old Trafford as a starter in the Manchester Derby.
“The ball came right to my feet. I kicked it into the back of the net without thinking. I looked over to the linesman, not believing that I had really scored. The flag was down. I was onside.
My teammates ran over to me, and I felt what I can only describe as the Manchester Derby Feeling.
“No one can know how I felt unless they've scored in the derby. I did not even celebrate. The feeling was too much."