Monday, July 6, 2015

Group to send Opabunmi to NIS
 
THE Iwoland Development Coalition (IDC) have taken it upon themselves to help former Nigeria international Femi Opabunmi back on his feet as they are set to pay him through a coaching course at the Nigeria Institute of Sports (NIS).
Opabunmi who hail from Oluponna in Iwoland suffered eyes problem in 2008 while playing for Niort in France and he can't see with one of the eyes again.
Iwoland Development Coalition nine man delegation namely Adisa Kabiru Adeniyi (Community Servant),Prince Ayo Oyedokun,Engineer Suaib Alabi,Mr Akanmu Oluseye,Mr Mutolib Yussuf Ola-Gold,Engr Adeleye Yusuf,Mr Ola Ariyo,Barrister Alabi Usman and Prince Musibau Semiu visited Opabunmi on Sunday at his Sanyo, Ibadan residence where they give his family food stuffs and made promise to send him to NIS and as well pay his children school fees.
Reacting to the visit, Opabunmi said he his overwhelmed by their gesture and pray God continue to be with them.
"I am happy with their gesture, they really surprise me and my family. They give us hope and I pray God will be with them. They promised to send me to NIS and pay my children school fees, it take grace of God to do all these, I thank them." Opabunmi said.