Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Ighalo targets EPL top scorer's gong

ODION Ighalo hopes to maintain his fine form so he will be crowned the top-scorer in England across all four divisions this year.
The Super Eagles ace who is in Belgium in preparations for Nigeria's international tune-up games against DR Congo and Cameroon has had a dream start to life in the Premier League with Watford, scoring five goals in eight appearances so far.
That takes his league tally to 21 for 2015 and he is in contention to be the top-scorer in the top four divisions in the calendar year with such a record.
Ighalo says it is a target of his to be the highest scorer in the professional arena in England in 2015, although he's just as focused on helping the Hornets and developing as a player overall.
"I'm not there yet even if I'm the highest scorer in all divisions for the 2015 calendar year," he said. "I'm not carried away with that, I just want to keep giving my best and learn more in the game."