Thursday, October 8, 2015

OLISEH ROW: Enyeama quits Super Eagles

SUPER Eagles skipper, Vincent Enyeama has announced his retirement from the national team, a day after he was officially stripped of the captain’s armband for the Super Eagles.
Enyeama, who recently had a bitter row with Coach Sunday Oliseh in the Eagles Belgium camp as they prepare for the international tune-up games against DR Congo and Cameroon, said on his Instagram page he is no longer available for national team duties and would henceforth face his club career.
“I have fought a good fight for more than 13years.I have finished my course, I have kept the faith and sang the anthem with passion. henceforth, there is laid for me a crown which only GOD can reward me for my 13years of national services. God bless NIgeria.
“Henceforth, I am no more the captain of the NIgerian senior football team, I am no more the goalie of the team. I am out of the team. I am no more available for international duties.
“I want to say thank you to every Nigerian fan and supporter world wide. It’s been the most trying period of my life but I know that Nigerians are there for me and God is with me. God bless NIgeria.”