Monday, November 9, 2015

Red Card: Etor begs Enyimba fans


By Rasaq Oboirien
DANIEL Etor has appologized to Enyimba fans following the needless red card he got in the make-or-bust game against Glo Premier League title rivals, Warri Wolves on Matchday 37.
Etor was shown his marching orders in the 50th minute after he punched a Warri Wolves midfielder in the face.
A dejected Etor said on Monday: "I regret my actions. Imagine if my team had lost the game, I would have received all the blame."
"After we have worked from the start of the season, to let my team down like that is something I regret and I thank God we still prevailed."
"I just want the fans to know that I'm sorry and assure them it will never happen again. It was all in the heat of the game."
The Peoples Elephants set a new record as they won a 7th Nigeria Premier League title with the game against Sunshine Stars of Akure in Lagos looking meaningless.