Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Mikel: Courtois among world best

By Our Reporter
SUPER Eagles midfielder, John Obi Mikel has heaped praises on fit-again  Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.
The Belgian made a world class save to deny Ander Herrera a goal in the second half.

"Asmir Begovic is a fantastic goalkeeper and he did really well when Thibaut was injured, but now he is back, healthy and injury-free, and these are the kind of saves he makes," he said. "I'd put him up there with the best keepers in the world," said Mikel after the game.
Meanwhile, Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera was left frustrated by Courtois in the 0-0 draw against the Blues.
The energetic midfielder latched onto Anthony Martial's cross from the left and looked certain to score in front of the Stretford End, only for the Blues keeper to pull off an outstanding reflex stop.
"I think I put my foot correctly," he told MUTV. "I was in the right position. The cross of Anthony, I think, was very good, so I didn't know if [Cesar] Azpilicueta touched the ball. "I don't know what happened, to be honest. I was going to celebrate it and saw the ball was not in."

Photo credit google.com