Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Atieno blast Sunshine Queens management


KENYAN international Neddy Atieno has cancelled her professional stint with Nigeria’s  Women Federations Cup champions, Sunshine Queens of Akure.
After signing a two-year deal with the West Africa side last year, Atieno told Feverpitch it was a stressing period in her life and that she decided to call it quits because the club officials did not honour the contract.
“The officials were not ready to get a work permit for me.
For two months in Nigeria, I was paid only one month when I was leaving for Nairobi. They promised to pay the remaining monies later but they reneged,” she said.
Atieno laments that it reached a point when she was requesting for financial assistance from home for her upkeep.
“The club had not paid players for six months by the time I joined. I only played three friendly matches and was not able to take part in the super league and the national league because I didn’t have a permit,” she added.