Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Late Keshi was like father to me-Omeruo


By Rasaq Oboirien
KASIMPASA of Turkey defender, Kenneth Omeruo has revealed that late ex-Super Eagles coach and captain, Stephen Keshi was like a father to him, NaijaSportsXtra.
54-year-old 'Big Boss' passed away on Wednesday as a result of a suspected heart failure in his family home in Benin City, the Edo State capital.
Omeruo who posted a picture of him celebrating with the late Keshi on his instagram page when Nigeria claimed her third AFCON title in South Africa after beating Burkina Faso 1-0 at the Soccer City Stadium in Jo'Burg said that: "You weren't just a coach to me, you were a father. You believed I had what it took to play for the country even when I had doubts myself. Even when people said Cut him, you kept me and encouraged me.
"I have always prayed to work with you again.. Guess that won't happen. No doubt I will miss you.
"Your Children will miss, Nigerians will miss you. 'RIP BIG BOSS'.
Stand-in Eagles skipper, Onazi Ogenyi was still in shock with the sudden death of Stephen Keshi.
"I just can't believe big boss is dead, rest in peace my LEGENDπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜«πŸ˜«," his tweet read on ‏@OnaziOgenyi.
For ex-Eagles ace, Victor Anichebe on his verified twitter account @VictorAnichebe: "Man life is so short! My prayers go out to Nigerian Legend Stephen Keshi and his loved ones. πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬❤."

Photo credit google.com