Saturday, June 11, 2016

Yobo: Amodu made me believe as Eagles captain


By Rasaq Oboirien
JOSEPH Yobo has revealed how late Amodu Shuaibu made him succeed as Super Eagles captain, reports NaijaSportsXtra.
Amodu, 58, who was guest in Yobo's testimonal match in Port-Harcourt two weeks ago died on Saturday after he complained of chest pains on Friday night.
The ex-Everton defender said on social media, @jyobo234: "My hearts bleeds. Shuaibu Amodu gone. Rest in Coach. What is happening to us?
"I'm devastated, shocked, and gutted by this. Amodu meant more to me than just my coach.
"He made me believe the National team was built around me and if I played well, we will win games."Amodu gave me so much personal advice about life, was always there to help even if I didn't talk to him about my issues.
"Words can't put it together, he will be greatly missed. My heart and thoughts are with his family at this terrible time #RIPAmoduShuaibu."
Meanwhile, ex-Super Eagles ace and the Prince of Monaco Victor Ikpeba said as he mourned the late NFF Technical Director, "Very shocked to hear about the death of Amodu Shuaibu. This is devastating. Keshi, now Amodu. We must pray for each other."
Amodu, who qualified Nigeria to two World Cups, in 2002 and 2010, was to have replaced Sunday Oliseh, as the new Super Eagles coach but declined due to health issues.