Monday, November 16, 2015

Cortes’ goal against Nigeria voted Chile 2015 best

DIEGO Cortes superb solo strike against the Super Eagles at the just concluded FIFA U-17 in Chile has been voted as the Goal Of The Tournament.
Recall that Nigeria defeated Mexico 4-2 in semi-final.
Cortes picked up 33% of the official FIFA vote, ahead of Chile’s Gonzalo Jara, who earned 14 per cent for his delightful curling effort against USA. Matthias Verreth of Belgium came in third with 12 per cent for his fierce strike against Korea Republic.
Cortes recounted to FIFA.com: “I collected the pass, set off and just looked out for the gaps all the time.”
“All of a sudden I was in front of goal and scored. Obviously I checked to see whether any of my team-mates were free but nobody was,”
“I don’t do that (kind of thing) often, but it’s a great feeling.”
Sadly, that great feeling lasted approximately half an hour before the Super Eaglets rallied and sent the Mexicans packing.