Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Medrano relishes Ifeanyi Ubah win

By Rasaq Oboirien
CAMEROON midfielder, Tamen Medrano says it was a huge relief for his teammates and him after they picked their first 3points on the road.
A Seka Pascal second minute goal silenced the vociferous Giwa FC fans at the Rwang Pam Stadium, Jos.
The ex-Sunshine Stars of Akure ace who was given the number 8 jersey after recently completing a deal with the big spending side last week, played for 80 minutes.
He told NaijaSportsXtra in a chat: "It was a delightful weekend for me, as the away victory was a huge relief for us. Nobody expected it, however it was a fantastic game.
"I can't wait to make my home debut going by what I have seen so far.
"It been a warm reception for me from the players and coaching crew. They are very cool, it's like I've been here for long.
"I also can't wait to score goals here, as I really want to win a silver ware or play continental football with the club."
Their victory against Giwa FC see them place 4th on the Nigeria Premier League log.