Sunday, March 6, 2016

I want to live long, says Oliseh

By Rasaq Oboirien
EX-SUPER Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh says one of the reasons why he resigned from his post was that he wants to have a long life, reports NaijaSportsXtra.
The ex-Juventus of Italy midfielder dropped the bomb-shell when speaking from his Belgium base via skype on a SuperSports programme, SoccerAfrica.
According to him, “It was an honour to serve my country in that capacity as not many people had the chance to play, captain and coach his country’s national team.
“I just couldn’t work with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) any more as the lies were just too much.
“My resignation was a family decision, so there was no way I would have announced my resignation after the NFF claimed that I quit my job after they had paid my all salaries and bonuses they owed me.”
Asked how he got the funds to pay for his team’s hotel feeding: “After I took ill and went back to Germany for treatment, I took much cash with me to Pretoria, South Africa for the African Nations Championship (CHAN) camp.
“I feared that if my health condition changed, and if that happened, I could easily fly back to Germany again for treatment.
“So when the issue of the team not been taken care of well arose, I had to pay the hotel that they feed the team properly.”
Asked how he got to know that the NFF were negotiating with another coach: “We got to know that the NFF was in negotiation with Herve Renard, I feel the NFF were not comfortable with the results we were getting as they wanted a coach that will beat small teams like Niger Republic 5-0 or maul Swaziland 6-0.
“I mean the team that I was build was rated by FIFA as the youngest team in the world, so I wondered why they were not comfortable with the result.
“To sum everything up, I just want to live long as the conditions became too unbearable for me and my assistants.”