Friday, April 15, 2016

RED CARD: Omoniwari beg coaches, mates, fans


By Rasaq Oboirien
Heartland FC ace, Fortune Omoniwari has appealed to his coaches, teammates and his fans to forgive him, reports NaijaSportsXtra.
Omoniwari was shown a red card after a second caution during the Naze Millionaires 2-1 victory over Rivers United in a matchday 11 game played at the Dan Anyiam Stadium, Owerri.
The ex-Sharks of Port-Harcourt striker who will be out of action in the tie against Shooting Stars of Ibadan at the Lekan Salami Stadium, Adamasingba on Saturday said via Heartland's official twitter handle that: "I regret my actions that led to my expulsion from the game against Rivers United on Sunday.
"I hope that my teammates, coaches and my fans can forgive me. I promise to conduct myself properly in subsequent game."
Omoniwari has bagged two goals this season for the club.