Friday, September 16, 2016

Onazi thanks Nigeria Police after nailing robbery gang

SUPER Eagles midfielder, Ogenyi Onazi has expressed his thanks to the hierarchy of the  Nigeria Police for nailing the robbers who attacked his father, Mr. Wilson Onazi at their Jos, Plateau State, home, Monday, carting away his Toyota Highlander SUV and other valuables, reports NaijaSportsXtra.blogspot.com.
The Turkey based Nigeria international took his twitter handle @OnaziOgenyi: "For the concern and support I got from everyone I am truly grateful....thank you so very much and God bless you all.
"Officially,I thank the DIG Abuja Mr Joshak Habila, CP Plateau state, AIG and CP Lagos state, and most importantly Mr Victor Ugho."
Recall some members of the five-man robbery gang were arrested while at the verge of selling off the SUV at a hotel in Imoda, Ajagbandi area of Lagos, by Anti-Crime Policemen led by the Divisional Police Officer in Charge of Ajagbandi Division, Mr. Musa Alimi.
 Four men, pretending to be postmen, stormed Onazi’s building on 57A, Government Reserved Area, GRA, Utan, Jos, where they handed him a fake letter.
 Thereafter, they collected his phone, a bag containing his personal effects and zoomed off in the SUV. During preliminary investigation, the alleged mastermind of the robbery attack was discovered to be a family friend of the Onazis.
 He was identified as Kingsley David, a graduate of Psychology from the University of Jos. 
He said: “I am a family friend of the Onazis and I live close to their house in Jos. I initiated the plan to attack him. The idea came up when I was discussing with my friends.
“We planned the attack in my shop and I showed them the house, with an agreement to share whatever we got from the operation equally.
 “However, I did not go with them for the operation because I did not want to be noticed. I waited for them at the junction and came to Lagos with them. They did not go with guns because that was not part of the plan. They only went with a knife.
 “When they went for the robbery, they told Onazi’s father they wanted to use the car and return it later. We just needed the car to have fun during the Sallah break.”