Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Eagles attack can be world class, says Algeria coach


By Rasaq Oboirien
GEORGES Leekens has opined that the Super Eagles attack can be world class, reports NaijaSportsXtra.blogspot.com.
The Belgian who replaced Milovan Rajevac said in his first news conference that his focus currently is on the game in Uyo and not African Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2017 in Gabon.
Leekens also said that it would be dramatic for Algeria if the Desert Foxes are eliminated from the World Cup prematurely but craved for the support of everyone to ensure the team makes it to Russia.
"I dream of Russia but this is not a obsession.
"I'm not a magician but I am hardworking.
 "Have you seen the Nigerian attack? Sometimes they can be world class."
 "I'll ask my players to play the Algerian way. They will play that way. Not just with technique, but with heart."
"I don't like dribbling for dribbling's sake. I like vertical play."
"Everyone has to defend. Everyone must run 10m. That's not a lot. Playing without the ball is important."
Nigeria leads Group B with 3 points following the victory on match day 1 against Zambia in Ndola while Algeria and Cameroon are level on a point after they shared the spoils.