Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Leekens: I never think Algeria losing to Nigeria

Leekens1112016

By Rasaq Oboirien
ALGERIA's Desert Foxes coach, Georges Leekens says he has never thought of losing to Nigeria in the Russia 2018 African World Cup match day 2 qualifiers.
The Group B game comes up on November 12 in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
The Belgian who replaced Milovan Rejevac told a news conference on Tuesday when he named only 18 players, all foreign based for game.
Asked if he thought of losing his first game in charge of the Foxes to Nigeria, his response was thus: “I never think of losing, in general," said Leekens.
 "I'll ask my players to play the Algerian way. They will play that way. Notnjust with technique, but with heart."
On why he listed only Europe based players for the game, "I have nothing left to prove in Belgium. But I have something to prove to you. I never had problems here.
"I'm releasing a list of 18 players who play abroad. Then we'll complete it.
"I don't want to hear local/pros. There are only Algerian players."
Nigeria could go five points clear off Algeria, and stay comfortably top of Group B if they record another victory in Uyo.