Thursday, January 19, 2017

Ovoke vows to score 20 goals this season

 

BERNARD Ovoke was the pin up boy of Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) club, Rivers United last season.
Super quick, extravagantly skilful, blessed with an eye for goal and in possession of a low centre of gravity, the ‘magic seven’ left fear and pain in his wake at many an NPFL side’s defence last term.
He finished as the club’s top scorer last season and has taken two league games to get off the mark this term.
His well-taken goal on Wednesday earned Rivers United a priceless point at the ‘Nest of Champions’ against a very well-drilled Akwa United side.
Ovoke believes his strike against the Promise Keepers is potentially the first of many to come and has now set a 20-goal-target for himself for the
2016/17 season.
“The game against Akwa United was not a bad game. I enjoyed myself and it was important to score.
“I set a target of scoring 20 goals even before we played our first game against El Kanemi Warriors.
“I cannot do it on my own as I will need the support of my teammates and our coaches to achieve it but I will work even harder than I did last
season to achieve this,” the winger told the club’s official website, www.riversunitedfc.com.ng.