Thursday, June 11, 2015

Frank Wormuth     pix FIFA
F/Eagles were good technically-Motormouth

FRANK Wormuth, Germany coach has said that Manu Garba's U-20 team were good technically despite losing via a lone goal to his team.
The German in a post-match news chat said: "I like Nigeria and they are very good technically, which makes them extremely difficult to play against. We were able to keep the ball under pressure and that was our only chance to break through their defence. In the end, I give congratulations to my team for finding the answer to the problems Nigeria posed us. They deserved the win and I am very impressed with them. I am especially proud of my team's defence today. Of course, our aim is to get to the final in Auckland but to get there we must go step to step and our next step is Mali. The German mentality is to always think this way. I expect Mali to play in quite a similar way to what we saw from Nigeria.