Thursday, June 11, 2015


GERMANY 1-0 NIGERIA:
My players lost concentration, says Manu


MANU Garba, Nigeria's Flying Eagles coach has put blame on his players after Germany moved through to
the quarterfinals of the FIFA Under-20 World Cup after a hard-fought 1-0 round of 16 victory his side.
Manu in his post match news chat said: "I believe that our players learnt a lot from this game and a big lesson in general from the tournament. The level at U-20s is far higher than at U-17s and Germany are a very tough and highly tactical team.
"Our players lost concentration at the crucial moment and this gave the Germans a chance to score. Our goalkeeper played a great game though and may have saved that ball if he had a clear view, but there is nothing we can do now. All my players have been in great form and I am proud of them all. There have been so many unexpected results in this tournament, but one can never predict the winner. I give my thanks to New Zealand for showing love for our team, the people here have made us feel at home."