Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Pillars, Giwa still in talks over duo

By Rasaq Oboirien
THE management of Kano Pillars and that of Giwa FC are still in talks over the signing of trio Gyan Amos and Chris Madaki, NaijaSportsXtra can report.
Despite featuring in the Gold Cup pre-season tourney in Ijebu-Ode which the Sai Masu Gida won, there was a report that the owner of the Jos sponsored team Chris Giwa had insisted that the trio and other players who have left the club despite still on contract must return to the team's camp.
One of the affected player who would not want his name revealed told NaijaSportsXtra that: "It won't be fair if Giwa FC management does not release us for Pillars. Yes I have a year left in my contract, but that shouldn't mean I can't join another club during a transfer window.
"What I feel is that both clubs should come to terms and agree on a fee, as Pillars have the right to buy out my contract.
"As at the last time I spoke with a top official of the club, he told me they are still holding talks with Giwa regarding our release."
Giwa FC who missed out in a place to pick a continental spot after finishing 5th on the log last season, host big spending Ifeanyi Ubah FC on match day one in Jos.