Monday, January 23, 2017

My NPFL hat-trick don't come easy-Odey

 

By Rasaq Oboirien
STEPHEN Odey has admitted that his hat-trick against Lobi Stars of Makurdi or matchday 3 of the Nigeria Professional Football League didn't come easy, reports NaijaSportsXtra.blogspot.com.
A delighted Odey who went home with the NPFL match ball as go top of the NPFL goal scorers chat with 4goals with one he scored against Niger Tornadoes on matchday 1 said: "I am so excited that I scored the first hat-trick of the season. It's also my first ever so I want to cherish this moment.
"Scoring a goal in the NPFL is never easy let alone a hat-trick against a big team like Lobi Stars. It takes courage and some element of luck too. However I want to thank my coaches and teammates for making it possible for me.
Odey also said he would like to surpass his last season nine (9) goals mark to finish top scorer of the season.
"Last season, I scored a total of nine goal and just in week 4 and five goals short of it. With this form today(Sunday) I feel I can be top scorer of the NPFL at the end of the season even as its too early for me to think of such as it will add pressure to me.
"I just want to focus on how to assist my team in the league, knowing full well that if I work harder and also take my chances when am at goal, I may end up winning the late Rashid Yekin award.
Odey put three past goalkeeper, John Lawrence while Benin Republic Giscard Tchato complete the goal rot against Koko Uwa's team scoring his first NPFL and Moutain of Fire and Miracles Ministries FC goal.