Monday, January 11, 2016

Arsenal FA Cup debut dream come true-Iwobi

SUPER Eagles, Alex Iwobi spoke about his dream coming true last Saturday evening, as the Arsenal ace impressed having making his FA Cup debut.
Iwobi featured in the centre of midfield, replacing the rested Mesut Ozil, and thoroughly impressed the home support as the Gunners came from behind to defeat Sunderland by three goals to one.
After the victory, Iwobi spoke to The Final Whistle on Arsenal’s official Facebook page and said: “It is amazing. It is the best feeling ever. It is a dream come true. Since I was a young boy I have always wanted to put on my shirt with Iwobi on my back with the Emirates [crowd] screaming my
name.”
“As a young kid I always wondered if I would get there and to have this opportunity today, I’m just thankful. It was a young boy’s dream come true. Playing at home with everyone screaming your name and giving you the confidence to express yourself – it felt like a proper debut.”
“Training and playing with them [the first team] every day is such a learning curve. Hopefully I can train with them more and play more so I can develop every day.”
Last Saturday marked Iwobi’s second appearance for the Gunners, having made his debut in Arsenal’s League Cup defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, but this was the Nigerian’s first full appearance on home soil and it clearly left a mark on the impressive midfielder.
Also making his full debut was 17-year-old Jeff Reine-Adelaide, who impressed in his cameo having made a mark in the pre-season Emirates Cup success.


Photo credit google