Thursday, September 1, 2016

BREAKING:I can't guarantee Nigeria Russia 2018 ticket-Rohr

By Rasaq Oboirien
SUPER Eagles Technical Adviser Gernot Rohr has dropped a bomb shell that he can't guarantee Nigeria a place at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, reports NaijaSportsXtra.blogspot.com.
The German in a pre-AFCON 2017 media chat in Uyo stated this in clear terms thus countering his statement when he was named new manager of the country's national male team after the Nigeria Football Federation goofed on Paul Laguen.
Recall he said:‘I am enthusiastic to get to work. This is a big challenge because Nigeria has big players everywhere and has the ability to do well internationally.
"I have a German heart – the heart of a winner. I have confidence that with the right atmosphere and the right support, the Super Eagles have the capacity not only to qualify for the FIFA World Cup, but get to the latter stages of the competition.’ Rohr affirmed as he takes on the challenge."
But on Thursday in Uyo the ex- Gabon coach said:"It's not for me to say if I'm the best man for the job. I have a German mentality and will try to take the Super Eagles to Russia 2018.
"There is no guarantee that the team will be in Russia because there is so much quality in our group but the motivation is very high.
"The game on Saturday is a warmup for Zambia, that's where we have our eyes."
The German also stated that he was ready to honour his contract, despite NFF saying it was broke.
 "I was owed between 6-8 months in Niger.  I'm a very patient man, I'm used to been owed in Africa. I have a contract and I am focusing on honouring his it."
Rohr also said, "I will reside in Nigeria but also visit Europe regularly because most of our players are there."
Rio Olympics bronze winner, John Mikel Obi, the German stated will remain as Eagles captain.
"Mikel his my man for captaincy because of leadership qualities he's shown."
On a possible return from retirement of goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, "I spoke to Enyeama and I will speak to him with a view to discussing a possible return."