Thursday, September 1, 2016

Mikel blame NFF, Sports Ministry, Eagles for AFCON 2017 failure

By Our Reporter
SUPER Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi has stressed that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Sports Ministry and his mates for the AFCON 2017 failure, reports NaijaSportsXtra.blogspot.com.
It was the second successive time Nigeria failed to qualify to the continent biggest football fiesta under the Amaju Pinnick NFF leadership.
The Chelsea midfielder stated this Thursday during the pre-nations cup qualifiers against Tanzania's Taifa Stars on Saturday.
He said, "Everyone not just players contributed to our failure to be at the African Cup of Nations in Gabon."
Meanwhile, Mikel who captained Nigeria to winning its only medal at the Rio Olympics said further that he wears the Eagles green and white jersey with pride.
"After the Olympics, I should be resting but I really want to represent my country. I love my country.
"I've been with this team for 11 years but each time I'm invited to play for the Super Eagles, I feel like its the first time
"I spoke to Conte about coming to Nigeria. I have not yet to trained with Chelsea after the Olympics."
It's a dead rubber game between Nigeria and Tanzania after Egypt qualified from the group at the expense of Chad who withdrew.
Though the new Super Eagles German coach, Rohr did say that the game will be used to scout for the World Cup CAF qualifiers against Zambia in Lusaka.